- Country Areas
- Methods and indices
- Explore oral health
- About CAPP
- Bank of Ideas
- Nepal - Basic Oral Health Training Programme for the Health Workers of Ramechhap District
- Nepal - Manang Dental Camp Report
- Nepal - School based oral health project in remote Timal Besi
- Nepal - Training Female Community Health Volunteers in Oral Health Education
- United Kingdom - Fissure Sealant Programme for Schoolchildren in Wales
- United Kingdom - Boost Better Breaks - A School based Public Health Programme in Northern Ireland
- United Kingdom - Training programme for nursing staff on oral health care of elderly residents of nursing homes in Scotland
- United Kingdom - An Oral Cancer Awareness Campaign Programme, Scotland
- United Kingdom - Designed to Smile - Promoting Better Oral Health and Delivering Fluoride Supplementation to Children in Wales
- United Kingdom - Childsmile – the national child oral health improvement programme for Scotland
- Sweden - A school-based fluoride mouth rinsing programme
- Kenya - The Eric Dental Clinic
- Madagascar - The Vezo Hospital
- Nigeria - A School based oral health education programme for Children
- Seychelles - Dental Public Health Programmes
- South Africa - Hammanskraal Project
- South Africa - Phelophepa Healthcare Train
- Afghanistan - Dental Relief Project, Kabul
- Australia - Water fluoridation in remote Aboriginal communities
- Australia - An Aboriginal health and a Government school dental service in South Australia
- Austria - Oral Health Promotion Programme for preschool children, Vorarlberg
- Antigua and Barbuda - School based Fluoride rinse programme, 1989-1998
- Brunei Darussalam - Mission Report 1998 on training course in oral health survey method
- Cambodia - Mobile dental care for schoolchildren in Sihanoukville
- Cambodia - Outreach programme for improving oral health of under privileged children in Sihanoukville
- Cambodia - Oral Health promotion in schools in Kampong Cham
- Namibia - The "Smiling Schools" project
- South Africa - An Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) Project: Activity Report
- South Africa - An Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) in a Mobile Dental Clinic, Johannesburg
- Tanzania, United Republic of - The Outreach programme in primary schools around the Dar es Salaam area
- Argentina - An Oral Health Preventive Programme for School Children
- Brazil - Atraumatic Restorative Treatment for a disadvantaged Brazilian Community
- Chile - A school based oral health programme in Cabildo (2008)
- Chile - Fluoridated milk programme for rural primary school children
- Chile - Fluoridated Powdered Milk Programme
- El Salvador - Community-based programme for prevention of dental caries among children
- Honduras - Oral Health Education and Care for a resource poor Honduran community
- Honduras - Oral Health and Care in Delicias
- United States of America - Oral Health Programme for Navajo Indians in Pine Hill, New Mexico
- United States of America - Oral health Education and Sealant programme for West Philadelphian Schoolchildren
- Kuwait - A school based oral health programme during 1986-1997
- Kuwait - Community Based Schoolchildren's Oral Health Programmes 1985 -1998
- Kuwait - School Oral Health Programme (1982-2011)
- Lebanon - Final Report, a baseline survey of oral health situation and fluoride levels in drinking water (2000)
- Saudi Arabia - An ongoing oral health promotion programme
- Saudi Arabia - The Celebration of the 20th anniversary of the accession to the throne of King Fahd Ibn Abdul-Aziz
- Saudi Arabia - Oral Health Education Programme for schoolchildren in the Holy City of Mecca
- Sudan - An Oral Health Promotion through live art in Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic - An ongoing oral health preventive programme
- United Arab Emirates - Assignment Report 1995-96 with recommendations to build a comprehensive oral health care
- United Arab Emirates - Dental Public Health Programs implemented by Dental Services Department, Dubai
- United Arab Emirates - MY SMILE” - tooth brushing program for school children in Dubai, UAE.
- Bulgaria - A community based milk fluoridation programme 1988-1993
- Bulgaria - The clinical effect of milk fluoridation for school children
- Croatia - Healthy Smile Day
- France - A School Based Oral Health Education Programme
- Germany - Third German Oral Health Study - 1997, Summary
- Germany - An Oral health programme for children attending kindergartens in two Counties in Northern Hesse
- Romania - Fluoride mouth rinsing Programme in Schools in Constanta and Iasi connties (2001-2010)
- Russian Federation - Programme focusing educating parents of infants on the prevention of caries, Moscow
- Sweden - An oral health programme for preschool children in a multicultural city area
- Sweden - The Oral Health Lift - An Oral Health Promotion Programme for the Homeless and other socially vulnerable people in Malmö
- Sweden - School based fluoride varnish application programme
- Turkey - Ongoing Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) Programme in some rural areas
- Turkey - A reliable and practical dental preventive/education program model for Turkey - "brushes in the bags, teeth on the healthy-way"
- India - Training oral health workers to provide basic dental care in Ladakh
- Indonesia - Affordable toothpaste project (WHO) in West Kalimantan
- Sri Lanka - School based public health programme in Jaffna
- Sri Lanka - ART Training Programme for School Dental Therapists, Jaffna
- Sri Lanka - An oral cancer screening project in tea estates
- Sri Lanka - Oral Health Camp in rural area
- Sri Lanka - Dental public Health Programmes conducted by the Population Oral Health Unit (Community Dental Unit), Dental Institute, Colombo
- Thailand - The Royal Mobile Dental Unit project
- Thailand - School based oral health programme for children in Southern Thailand
- China - A campaign on "Love Teeth Day" celebrated nation-wide each year
- China - Milk fluoridation project (WHO) in Beijing
- China - An oral health education programme in Wuhan City
- China - An oral health education and supervised tooth brushing programme in kindergartens
- Japan - A school-based fluoride mouth rinse programme for preschool children
- Japan - Visual Support Material for Children with Autism in order to Master Toothbrushing Skills
- Viet Nam - School-based Oral Health Programme
- Viet Nam - Mission report 1999 with recommendation for oral health training
- Viet Nam - Oral health program in South Central Vietnam
- Vanatu - Mission Report on Oral Health
- Tonga - Mission Report 1997 reviewing the oral health programme
- Tokelau - Mission Report 1999 on recommendation to improve oral health
- Philippines - Mission Report 1998 on planning and implementing a national oral health survey
- Philippines - The Essential Health Care Package- “Fit for School” programme
- Mongolia - Mission Report 1999 with recommendations to improve oral health (1)
- Malaysia - reports from Oral Health Division
- Lao PDR - Caries prevalence and some caries related factors for 12-year-old children from Vientiane and Luang Prabang provinces
- Lao PDR - Estimating the fluoride concentration in the drinking waters
- Korea, Republic of - Community based caries prevention programme in a suburban area
- Sri Lanka - An ongoing school-based ART Programme
- Vanuatu - Gudfala Tut Skul Program (Healthy Tooth School Program)
- Estonia - Suukool, a mouth school
- Palestine - Integrating the WHO Health Promoting School Concept into National School Oral Health
Cambodia - Oral Health promotion in schools in Kampong Cham
Cambodia - Oral Health promotion in schools in Kampong Cham
“Bike for Cambodia” (http://bike4cambodia.com/), a non-profit organization from 2010, was established with the goal to build schools in Cambodia. The NGO has now started an oral health promotion program in schools in order to improve the children’s oral health.
Due to socioeconomic constraints, children in Cambodia suffer from untreated dental caries. In order to reduce the burden of caries and improve the oral hygiene among children, “Bike for Cambodia” has introduced a programme to promote oral health among the schoolchildren in Kampong Cham.
Children brush in school once every day, six days a week, and are encouraged to brush in the mornings and evenings at home.
A dental clinic has been built in one school premises in 2012, where a dental hygienist provides oral health education and care for children from three schools in the area, free of charge.
Children will receive fluoride varnish applications twice /year.
- At present there are over 1200 children involved in the tooth brushing program.
- In total 1120 kids have been treated twice with fluoride.
- So far 3088 toothbrushes have been distributed.
- Tooth extractions have been performed for over 500 children.
- So far 86 fillings have been completed.
Shops in the school area sell sweet snacks which is not good for the health of the children’s teeth.
This program has not only helped in education by building schools, but also in improving the oral health of the schoolchildren in Kampong Cham area.