- Country Areas
- Methods and indices
- Explore oral health
- About CAPP
- Bank of Ideas
- Nepal - Basic Oral Health Training Programme for the Health Workers of Ramechhap District
- Nepal - Manang Dental Camp Report
- Nepal - School based oral health project in remote Timal Besi
- Nepal - Training Female Community Health Volunteers in Oral Health Education
- United Kingdom - Fissure Sealant Programme for Schoolchildren in Wales
- United Kingdom - Boost Better Breaks - A School based Public Health Programme in Northern Ireland
- United Kingdom - Training programme for nursing staff on oral health care of elderly residents of nursing homes in Scotland
- United Kingdom - An Oral Cancer Awareness Campaign Programme, Scotland
- United Kingdom - Designed to Smile - Promoting Better Oral Health and Delivering Fluoride Supplementation to Children in Wales
- United Kingdom - Childsmile – the national child oral health improvement programme for Scotland
- Sweden - A school-based fluoride mouth rinsing programme
- Kenya - The Eric Dental Clinic
- Madagascar - The Vezo Hospital
- Nigeria - A School based oral health education programme for Children
- Seychelles - Dental Public Health Programmes
- South Africa - Hammanskraal Project
- South Africa - Phelophepa Healthcare Train
- Afghanistan - Dental Relief Project, Kabul
- Australia - Water fluoridation in remote Aboriginal communities
- Australia - An Aboriginal health and a Government school dental service in South Australia
- Austria - Oral Health Promotion Programme for preschool children, Vorarlberg
- Antigua and Barbuda - School based Fluoride rinse programme, 1989-1998
- Brunei Darussalam - Mission Report 1998 on training course in oral health survey method
- Cambodia - Mobile dental care for schoolchildren in Sihanoukville
- Cambodia - Outreach programme for improving oral health of under privileged children in Sihanoukville
- Cambodia - Oral Health promotion in schools in Kampong Cham
- Namibia - The "Smiling Schools" project
- South Africa - An Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) Project: Activity Report
- South Africa - An Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) in a Mobile Dental Clinic, Johannesburg
- Tanzania, United Republic of - The Outreach programme in primary schools around the Dar es Salaam area
- Argentina - An Oral Health Preventive Programme for School Children
- Brazil - Atraumatic Restorative Treatment for a disadvantaged Brazilian Community
- Chile - A school based oral health programme in Cabildo (2008)
- Chile - Fluoridated milk programme for rural primary school children
- Chile - Fluoridated Powdered Milk Programme
- El Salvador - Community-based programme for prevention of dental caries among children
- Honduras - Oral Health Education and Care for a resource poor Honduran community
- Honduras - Oral Health and Care in Delicias
- United States of America - Oral Health Programme for Navajo Indians in Pine Hill, New Mexico
- United States of America - Oral health Education and Sealant programme for West Philadelphian Schoolchildren
- Kuwait - A school based oral health programme during 1986-1997
- Kuwait - Community Based Schoolchildren's Oral Health Programmes 1985 -1998
- Kuwait - School Oral Health Programme (1982-2011)
- Lebanon - Final Report, a baseline survey of oral health situation and fluoride levels in drinking water (2000)
- Saudi Arabia - An ongoing oral health promotion programme
- Saudi Arabia - The Celebration of the 20th anniversary of the accession to the throne of King Fahd Ibn Abdul-Aziz
- Saudi Arabia - Oral Health Education Programme for schoolchildren in the Holy City of Mecca
- Sudan - An Oral Health Promotion through live art in Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic - An ongoing oral health preventive programme
- United Arab Emirates - Assignment Report 1995-96 with recommendations to build a comprehensive oral health care
- United Arab Emirates - Dental Public Health Programs implemented by Dental Services Department, Dubai
- United Arab Emirates - MY SMILE” - tooth brushing program for school children in Dubai, UAE.
- Bulgaria - A community based milk fluoridation programme 1988-1993
- Bulgaria - The clinical effect of milk fluoridation for school children
- Croatia - Healthy Smile Day
- France - A School Based Oral Health Education Programme
- Germany - Third German Oral Health Study - 1997, Summary
- Germany - An Oral health programme for children attending kindergartens in two Counties in Northern Hesse
- Romania - Fluoride mouth rinsing Programme in Schools in Constanta and Iasi connties (2001-2010)
- Russian Federation - Programme focusing educating parents of infants on the prevention of caries, Moscow
- Sweden - An oral health programme for preschool children in a multicultural city area
- Sweden - The Oral Health Lift - An Oral Health Promotion Programme for the Homeless and other socially vulnerable people in Malmö
- Sweden - School based fluoride varnish application programme
- Turkey - Ongoing Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) Programme in some rural areas
- Turkey - A reliable and practical dental preventive/education program model for Turkey - "brushes in the bags, teeth on the healthy-way"
- India - Training oral health workers to provide basic dental care in Ladakh
- Indonesia - Affordable toothpaste project (WHO) in West Kalimantan
- Sri Lanka - School based public health programme in Jaffna
- Sri Lanka - ART Training Programme for School Dental Therapists, Jaffna
- Sri Lanka - An oral cancer screening project in tea estates
- Sri Lanka - Oral Health Camp in rural area
- Sri Lanka - Dental public Health Programmes conducted by the Population Oral Health Unit (Community Dental Unit), Dental Institute, Colombo
- Thailand - The Royal Mobile Dental Unit project
- Thailand - School based oral health programme for children in Southern Thailand
- China - A campain on "Love Teeth Day" celebrated nation-wide each year
- China - Milk fluoridation project (WHO) in Beijing
- China - An oral health education programme in Wuhan City
- China - An oral health education and supervised tooth brushing programme in kindergartens
- Japan - A school-based fluoride mouth rinse programme for preschool children
- Japan - Visual Support Material for Children with Autism in order to Master Toothbrushing Skills
- Viet Nam - School-based Oral Health Programme
- Viet Nam - Mission report 1999 with recommendation for oral health training
- Viet Nam - Oral health program in South Central Vietnam
- Vanatu - Mission Report on Oral Health
- Tonga - Mission Report 1997 reviewing the oral health programme
- Tokelau - Mission Report 1999 on recommendation to improve oral health
- Philippines - Mission Report 1998 on planning and implementing a national oral health survey
- Philippines - The Essential Health Care Package- “Fit for School” programme
- Mongolia - Mission Report 1999 with recommendations to improve oral health (1)
- Malaysia - reports from Oral Health Division
- Lao PDR - Caries prevalence and some caries related factors for 12-year-old children from Vientiane and Luang Prabang provinces
- Lao PDR - Estimating the fluoride concentration in the drinking waters
- Korea, Republic of - Community based caries prevention programme in a suburban area
- Sri Lanka - An ongoing school-based ART Programme
- Vanuatu - Gudfala Tut Skul Program (Healthy Tooth School Program)
China - Milk fluoridation project (WHO) in Beijing
China - Milk fluoridation project (WHO) in Beijing
Fluoride has been shown as a most effective caries-preventive agent, especially when a low level of fluoride is maintained constantly in the mouth. Milk, which is an essential component of human diet can be fluoridated and can be used in community based caries preventive programmes.
The following set of pictures from a Day Care Center in Beijing (Sept. 1995) will illustrate how fluoridated milk can be given to children in community based caries preventive programmes.
This programme was supervised by the staff from the Department of Preventive Dentistry, School of Stomatology, Beijing Medical University, Beijing, China 100081.
Head: Professor Bian Jin You.
The local programme supervisors Dr Wang Wen Hui (right) and Dr Wang Wei Jian from the Department of Preventive Dentistry, School of Stomatology, Beijing.
The Day Care Center with comfortable beds for the children to rest during the day.
Its time for the morning drink of milk - Children from the Day Care Center waiting eagerly.
The fluoridated milk in a container has been brought to the children's room. In the various milk fluoridation studies, a fluoride concentration of 5-15 ppm F is normally used.
Fluoridated milk being given by the teacher to the eagerly waiting children - only one cup per day per child.
Mmm! It is good to drink milk.
A mug of fluoridated milk keeps the caries away!
Each child has her/his own mug.
Its cleaning time - After the drink, the mugs are rinsed in running water and then hung in the kitchen.
Dr Wang Wen Hui and Dr Wang Wei Jian (right) - thank you for showing us!
All photos by D. Bratthall